Friday, June 15, 2012

This speaks to me.

"Ignoring the accumulation of wounds, offenses, slights and injustices that we have endured can lead to an outbreak of serious problems that debilitate relationships & end productivity. Confront the issues and receive healing." ~TD Jakes

So much of my life I have spent keeping silent about things that hurt or affect me. Too many times I have made excuses for the people that wound me. Too many times I have been too understanding about why people CHOOSE not to be active or present in my life. Too many times in my life I allow my friends pardons where there should be none. *I* am important too. Through my discovery of my NEW self and through my walk with God, I am learning that while I can turn my hurts and anguish over to him, I ultimately am the only one that has the power to stop letting people hurt me.

I am taking that power.

No comments:

Post a Comment