Something I’ve recently discovered… that I struggle with trying to find where I belong…
I don’t really feel like I belong with my friends that have husbands and families.
I don’t really feel like I belong with my single friends… because I don’t have a mindset of drinking and partying all night.
I sometimes don’t feel like I belong at home because I’m 26 almost and should be living alone according to society.
I sometimes don’t feel like I belong much of anywhere.
I long desperately to be loved. To find my place by someone’s side. But I’m slowly having to adjust to and learn that is not something that I can readily search for.. that is obviously out of my control. It’s definitely so hard to find a place where you feel like you belong.
But in my deepest thoughts I realize that I belong with God. By him. Walking with Him. Talking to Him… Letting Him be my guide.
Sometimes its so very hard to turn our lives over to God, isn’t it? We still struggle with the wanting to control our own destiny until we realize that.. we are in no control at all of our own destiny. That no matter how many knobs we try to turn, no matter how many windows we try to break, no matter how many tree’s we try to climb… if it’s not Gods will.. If its not God’s way.. it will never happen.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him.. And he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Letting go and letting God is easier said than done, but worth it. =) His timing is always perfect...you'll find your Mr. Right when God says it's time.
ReplyDeleteAnd as for that feeling of belonging, I know what you mean. My husband and I have some casual friends, but nobody that we really feel a strong connection to because we don't seem to have very much in common with most people. That sense of belonging is something we all desire...but I think it's something that takes a lot of time to find.
You'll get there. We all will. =)
You need to stop thinking that you don't belong somewhere and learn to adapt to any situation! I always make the best of every situation and then I never feel like I don't belong. You are a beautiful girl, and I lived with my family until I met my husband, so you just need to do what you need to to get happy!
ReplyDeleteOh and take the word verification off of your blog. They make bloggers very angry. Haha.
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog through the amazing Mrs. Robinson! You have a wonderful way with words, welcome to the blogging community. You belong here =)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kristen, you belong with us! :)
ReplyDeleteHopefully you'll see this comment!! You stopped by my blog today asking about a stamp that I used. The little fox stamp and dies are from Papertrey Ink! Since you're new to stamping, you will LOVE their website, loads of inspiration. I highly recommend the product too. Stamps, dies, paper, ink...all fabulous quality! Hope this helps. I didn't see and email address for you. You might want to add one to your sidebar as an easy way to get the info your request. Seems to work for most of us in the stamping blogging community when first getting started. Best of luck to you, hope to see you entering some of the card challenges! Let me know if you post anything, I would love to stop by to see it ;)
ReplyDelete