My little makeup corner!
This blog is slowly but surely becoming a hodge podge of several things for me, and I love it! I have some deeper posts coming up soon, but today I want to share with you something I've been dreaming of and working towards for a couple of months now. For what seems like centuries, I've been doing my makeup at my computer desk, with my makeup strewn all about and in different containers.. Ya'll are probably aware that I still live with my parents, so sometimes my room tends to get a little cluttered. All of the purging I did was to create space in my room to allow for me to get a vanity set.. but my thinking changed. I decided to get an accent table, and some storage. I'm currently still looking for a vanity stool but my computer chair works okay currently. I am a bonafide, certifiable makeup junkie. I have been since I was in high school. Only recently I've gotten into the higher end (Urban Decay, Too Faced, MAC), but drug store makeup has always worked for me.. I feel its just as good as the other stuff. And so since I've gotten more into makeup recently, I've wanted to have a nicer space in order to do it. It makes me feel more grown up, I suppose.
This is where I've been doing my makeup. Tiny tiny space.
This is where all my makeup was stored.. in the yellow container with pull out drawers, on top of my filing cabinet, lol. You can see all my makeup brushes and other things scattered all over it.
THIS is my new area to do it!! SQUEEEE! I'm so excited! The table has a pull out drawer, and then the white storage thing has 3 wicker baskets that you can pull out. All in all, this only cost me $218.00 at BIG LOTS! Yes! Big lots! I was so surprised to see such nice stuff there for cheap!
This is the left side of the drawer that pulls out. I found a 3 slotted drawer organizer at Target for like 3 bucks.. Everything that is in this drawer is the things that I use the most. My 2 urban decay palettes.. naked & naked 2.. blushes, mac shadows, woodstock & uzi by urban decay.
The right side! Just has my bare minerals makeup (the ONLY makeup that doesnt make my face look like crater world), my contacts, and some other junk. I still haven't COMPLETELY organized this the way I want it.
Now to the storage part!
This is the top wicker basket... the pink thing was in the dollar section at target! It holds all my lipsticks, glosses, lip liners, etc. Then the sweet lookin Hello Kitty tin basket (I'm obsessed with Hello Kitty, so ya'll know she had to make an appearance sooner or later!) is just eyeliners and some mascara.
The second wicker basket holds bronzers, blushes, and all my makeup palettes. Which, I'm thinking of some other storage solutions for those, so that should change soon. Then the 3rd wicker basket is empty.
This little gray thing sits on top of the storage shelf and holds things that I just haven't found a home for yet.. I somehow have 3 unopened pencil sharpeners!?
Just a fun instagram picture... I cleaned my makeup brushes today too.. they definitely needed it.. they are stored..
Here!
Another fun instagram picture... ya'll know I'm a nail polish junkie too.. and these are the only 3 perm nailpolishes that will be on my table.. they are absolutely gorgeous!
I hope you enjoyed a tour of my new little favorite space; where is YOUR favorite space?











LOOK at all those brushes! I love make-up too, a little too much --eek! So cool you are getting nice and organized, must feel great!
ReplyDeleteBig lots really does have the best deals but I always forget it exist. I know where I'm going this weekend. Haha.
ReplyDeleteCute blog!
love this! i wish my makeup was this organized :)
ReplyDeletep.s. i'm your newest follower :)
xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com
I LOVE this! Seriously where you do your make up is sooo important! It needs to be comfy and spacious!
ReplyDeletexxS