Sorry that I haven't posted in a few days... I am definitely still continuing on my journey of self-discovery and discovering my relationship with God... I've had a busy week. I was on vacation from work starting last Monday, and I actually had millions of errands to run. Then on Wednesday my mom and I took off for the Biltmore and stayed in Asheville Wednesday & Thursday nights. We got home Friday afternoon about noon! So believe it or not, my vacation hasn't felt like much of a vacation at all, lol! I need a vacation from my vacation. Anyhow, I'd had plans to do an art thing today, but I guess that didn't pan out so I spent most of the day purging things! I've been on this "purging" kick lately. Like purging clothes, shoes, purses, etc that I don't want/need anymore. I've never been a purger. I've been more of a clutter-bug really.. I won't go so far as saying hoarder, but I know I have tendencies. I cannot believe how much stuff I have kept over the years. SOOO much stuff is going to the Goodwill... I have kept so many clothes, purses, shoes, and such that I literally ran out of room in my closets... so it began taking over my floors.. It was getting bad. But I'm definitely on the road to being semi-clutter free... its an awesome feeling. Its the first time in my life I've been able to look at something and WANT to get rid of it/give it away.
I'm also about to embark on a pretty intense weight loss journey. I don't have much support, so I'm going it alone. Sure my parents support me, but as far as a workout buddy, I have no one. So its definitely more strenuous/upsetting to have to do it alone, but I'm definitely very motivated. The person I started this journey with actually began working out with her other guy friend, and well... kind of left me in the cold. I'm trying not to be bitter over it, but it upsets me because WE were supposed to do it TOGETHER... and I just feel like she abandoned me. So I've decided to join a gym and dedicate myself to going atleast 4x's a week. I've already started eating better, drinking more water, etc.. so I know that intense exercise is the last element. I'm tired of feeling like a "fat" person. Or crying when I look in the mirror because I hate how I look. Its definitely to the point that I NEED to do something about it, instead of just "willing" the weight to fall off. I can't even stand being naked anymore. So, heres to starting a weight loss journey. I'll be sure to document things here... My starting weight tonight is.... 206 pounds. I'm at my heaviest I've ever been. My entire life I was barely 120 pounds soaking wet.
My doctor has warned me that my birth control may make it very difficult for me to lose weight. I'm hoping the odds aren't against me and that once I get myself into a routine and dedicate myself.. that it'll get easier and I'll feel less discouraged. Here's to hoping.
Exciting times, ma'am! :) How's your Bible studying going? & have you made any progress on finding a good church?
ReplyDeletePurging is always a good thing to do. A clutter free home is the first step to a clutter free life and ultimately a clutter free heart. =) You'll be helping lots of people by donating things! & if you ask for a receipt of the things you donate, you can turn it in with your taxes next year and maybe get some money back!
As for the weight loss, good for you for wanting to make another positive change. I'm on a similar journey..and it's hard. I'm like you, wishing I had a work-out buddy. However...at the end of the day, we've got to hold ourselves accountable. Which is something I struggle with tremendously. Good luck! =)
Hon you are going through so many changes in your life spiritually and emotionally aren't you? I have heard that being on the pill makes it more difficult but it can be done. If you stick to a good plan like you said, it will happen. It might just take time for your precious body to respond...but take heart, it will! I am good with foods if you'd like some help!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it feel good to purge our closets?!! Gosh that is so theraputic! Glad you had some time off work to get some stuff done, that is nice...;)
btw your new blogger photo is HANDS DOWN GORGEOUS!!!!